Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania (B.S. in Economics)
Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D.)
Steven R. Gray
Mr. Gray heads the firm's environmental section. He has appeared in several reported decisions, and is an author in the NJ Environmental Law Handbook (2014).
PRIOR PUBLIC SERVICE
* Deputy Attorney General for nine years, representing the Department of Environmental Protection and the New Jersey Meadowlands Commission in Federal and State trial and appellate courts.
* Counsel to the Environmental Committees of the New Jersey Legislature.
AREAS OF ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICE AND RELATED REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS
* Brownfields Redevelopment in urban areas is one principal area of his practice, which includes the procurement of (a) government sponsored grants, loans, and tax incentives; (b) permits and compensation for wetlands impacts and natural resources damages; (c) tidelands grants and licenses; and (d) insurance as a means of limiting developer liability.
* As Counsel for major New York area sports team, obtained requisite permits/approvals for construction of new 80,000 seat stadium and related retail development.
* Appointed Special Environmental Counsel to Trustee in Bankruptcy proceeding; also represented creditors with claims as subsequent owners of property contaminated by the debtor.
* Successfully prosecuted environmental insurance coverage claims on behalf of landowners, (e.g. obtained a $2+ MM verdict in 2016); subsequently appointed as defense counsel by carrier.
* Counseled both redevelopment agencies and private sector clients in condemnation proceeding involving contaminated properties.
* Expeditiously resolved claims for cleanup and natural resource damage so that redeveloper could begin construction while responsible party completed required remediation.
* Represented major companies and "innocent purchasers" of property involved in Superfund proceedings with United States.
State of New Jersey
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
American Bar Association Superfund and Hazardous Waste Committee
Environment Sector, New Jersey Bar Association
Waters McPherson McNeill is interested in your comments and questions regarding our services. Please fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible. Thank you.
- 300 Lighting Way
Secaucus, New Jersey 07096